I’ve never been particularly enamored by dramas featuring predatory cadavers (which is why I neglected to watch the recent State of the Union address); however, The Walking Dead, the saga of a viral zombie apocalypse and the band of uninfected stalwarts who struggle to survive in a world gone mad has much to recommend it, not least of which is that it serves as an almost perfect metaphor for the Obama years. After all, what else but a mysterious malady that destroys the capacity for reason and turns human beings into Democrats can explain the re-election of a man so obviously unfit for office? His (partial) record:
- 2.6 million more people living below the poverty line.
- Food stamp rolls have skyrocketed to more than 47 million people.
- Over 8,803,335 Americans are receiving disability, an 18% increase since 2009.
- The median household income has dropped $4,520, or about one month’s average wages, since Obama took office.
- US incomes fell more during the so-called recovery than the recession.
- Gas prices have doubled.
- Taxes have ballooned.
- This year working Americans making between $30,000 and $200,000 will see their paychecks shrink by as much as 1.7 percent – or up to $1,784.
- Obamacare will punish working Americans with more taxes.
Overseas, the damage done to American interests in just four years is equally appalling. This is an administration either hopelessly inept or unbelievably treacherous. Yet the primary plague carrier was returned to office. The virus was not contained.
There is an adage that reads “never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity… but don’t rule out malice.”
… if you are both intelligent and you have a malicious agenda, you would not let the people that elected you know of your nefarious designs, at least not those who don’t share your agenda, so you would camouflage your intentions by providing some kind of cover. Any excuse that your (for the most part) ignorant and lazy electorate could swallow would do. It does not even have to make sense. You just need an excuse so that the people that elected you can wrap themselves in their delusional cocoon and go comfortably back to sleep.
… If the goal was the destruction of America, everything these Marxists do makes perfect sense. Otherwise we have to believe that these politicians are just really stupid or unlucky. (But Don’t Rule Out Malice|Ryan Scott Welch|The American Thinker)
The Obamacalypse is far from over. Vaccines are unreliable and the disease seems resistant to conventional antibiotics (Barack Obama…hmm..hmm…hmm). For now, we survivors seek refuge and anodynes. Tomorrow, we must discover a cure.
- Brutal Honesty – Libs Furious At Ron Johnson Because He Called Them “Socialists and Marxists” (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Terrific! GOP Highlights Obama’s Many SOTU Lies From Years Gone By (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)