Born at an early age. Spent my first days in an incubator. Came into the world cryin’, but I’m gonna leave it laughin’.
- The President was Harry “To Err Is” Truman.
- The Boston Braves made it to the World Series.
- Survived two bouts with pneumonia.
Grew up in the Fifties.
- I liked Ike; I loved Lucy, American Bandstand, Dick Tracy, Pogo, and Li’l Abner, Sunday doubleheaders.
- Had a pet raccoon, a good dog, and a bicycle with a basket on the front.
Went to high school in the Sixties. When LBJ was elected, my old granny shook her head sadly, and told me, “The people want socialism.” I never did agree with her.
Joined the Army. Fun, Travel, Adventure. Learned that FTA really meant something else entirely.
- Basic Training: Northern boys go south, Southern boys go north.
- Crossed the Atlantic on the last troop ship to Germany. Icy nights in the Fulda Gap.
- Volunteered for Vietnam. At least it was warm.
- Celebrated Tết in ’68 & lived to tell about it.
- Came home & joined the VFW (had the only bar that was open on Sundays)
Went to the University of Miami as a long-haired right-winger.
- Painted “War” on the side of my VW van.
- Learned to play a bit of 5-string banjo.
- Camped on No-Name Key, where Cubans trained for the Bay of Pigs. Mosquitoes were worse than Vietnam.
- Learned that most of the radicals were the ones teaching the classes.
- Parachuted from a perfectly good airplane in 1993 just for the hell of it.
Retired at the first available opportunity, 2003. Don’t look back.
- Wrote a book.
- Started this blog.
- I favor maduro cigars, American whiskey, English ale, and German beer; Cajun food, fiddle music, and screamin’ guitars.
- There’s way too many things I dislike to list here–Read the blog posts!
And that’s all, folks. Now you know who you’re dealing with.
“I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him father.” —Will Rogers
NOTE: COMMENTS SECTION IS NOW CLOSED ON THIS PAGE. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS UNDER PERTINENT POSTINGS. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!