For progressives and other subversives, words always have meaning. Assaults on the culture are always preceded by raids on the language. Taxes are revenues, citizens who believe in fiscal responsibility are terrorists, wars are overseas contingency operations, and the weirdos who met in Baltimore yesterday to begin the long march toward legitimizing their particular deviancy are not pedophiles, they are ‘minor-attracted persons’–MAPS, if you will–and they’d like nothing better than to lead America out of unMAPPED territory. Yesterday’s pervy pow-wow on the Chesapeake was sponsored by a Maryland group known as B4U-ACT, a tax-exempt organization funded by the City of Baltimore, and founded in 2003 by one Michael Melsheimer, aka “Lek”, a MAP convicted of sexually assaulting two young boys while acting as the director of the Camden YMCA. “Lek” is fortunately no longer with us, but the same cannot be said of his organization. Yesterday’s conference by the Bay (Pedophilia, Minor-Attracted Persons, and the DSM: Issues and Controversies) was intended to examine
“ways in which minor-attracted persons can be involved in the DSM 5 revision process” and how the popular perceptions of pedophiles can be reframed to encourage tolerance. [emphasis mine] (Normalizing Pedophilia – The Daily Caller)
Howard Kline, B4U-ACT’s ‘science director’, said, “The Diagnostic and Statistical of Mental Disorders (DSM) should meet a higher standard than that. We can help them, because we are the people they are writing about.” Kline and the rest of the B4U actors are the people our parents warned us about. B4U-Actors, you see, consider their affliction as merely another sexual orientation, and nowhere on their website will you find them advocating treatment that would remedy the irresistible feelings they harbor for pre-pubescents:
“No one chooses to be emotionally and sexually attracted to children or adolescents. The cause is unknown; in fact, the development of attraction to adults is not understood.”
But the B4U-Actors have principles. Here are some of them (and remember, this is a tax-exempt organization funded by the tax dollars of the citizens of Baltimore) Emphases mine:
- We understand that the attraction to children or adolescents is both sexual and emotional
- We believe that persons who are sexually attracted to children can be contributing members of their communities and that they deserve to be treated with respect
- Some minor-attracted people seek services to help them deal with issues that result from society’s negative reactions to their sexual feelings
- We recognize that laws require the reporting of illegal sexual behavior and plans for such behavior, but they do not require the reporting of sexual feelings and desires. We appreciate the danger which could be posed to a client if his employer, family, friends, community, or anyone else found out about his sexual feelings
- We recognize the severe stigma directed against minor-attracted people by the media, politicians, law enforcement officials, and some mental health professionals. We oppose the perpetuation of false stereotypes and the use of language that instills fear in the public, fails to promote understanding, and ignores the humanity of minor-attracted people.
- Providers have an obligation to offer and engage in continuing education and professional growth activities on an ongoing basis in order to promote and develop a more accurate understanding of individuals who are sexually attracted to minors and to improve services for them. Such activities should challenge popular stereotypes rather than reinforce them, and portray the full humanity of minor-attracted people.
Dr. Richard Kramer, the Director of Operations for B4U-ACT, whined:
“What purpose does calling someone a ‘pervert’ or ‘predator’ serve anyway, other than to express contempt and hatred? … How is this productive? It certainly doesn’t protect children. I would urge all SO [sex offender] activists to listen to their own message: Stop buying into and promoting false stereotypes. Stop demonizing a whole class of people, and start learning the facts.”
Sex Offender activists?? Now there’s a constituency even Democrats might shy away from. Crazy? Sure, but similar lobbying by homosexual activists eventually led to the 1973 declassification of homosexuality as a mental disorder in the DSM and spawned the national acceptance (under penalty of law) of the aberrant if less repugnant behavior now termed “gay”.
“The first thing they do is to get the public to divest from thinking of what the offender does criminally, to thinking of the offender’s emotional state, to think of him as thinking of his emotional state, [and] to empathize and sympathize,” says child advocate Dr. Judith Reisman. “You don’t change the nation in one fell swoop; you have to change it by conditioning. The aim is to get them [pedophiles] out of prison.”
Sympathy for the Devil. Research indicates that 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 boys will be sexually victimized before adulthood. In 1999, an estimated 285,400 children were victims of a sexual assault, and 35,000 were victims of some other type of sexual offense. It is safe to assume that these crimes were committed by persons attracted to minors. An average of 2,185 children are reported missing each day. It is equally safe to assume that persons attracted to minors are responsible for many of the vanishings. If you want to keep your kids from appearing on the side of a milk carton, teach ’em how to read a MAP.
- U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website