Thanksgiving is over, and all the turkeys are gone, except for the shameless gobblers in the nation’s capitol. A spate of unseasonably pleasant weather has enticed the always resolute Barack Obama to Occupy The Golf Course once again while his increasingly insane subjects maul one another in their frenzied quest to acquire the Christmas spirit, which apparently consists these days of armed competition for deeply discounted consumer goodies. Peace on earth? We don’t even have peace at Wal-Mart.
“The five marks of the Roman decaying culture:
- Concern with displaying affluence instead of building wealth
- Obsession with sex and perversions of sex
- Art becomes freakish and sensationalistic instead of creative and original
- Widening disparity between very rich and very poor
- Increased demand to live off the state.”
― Edward Gibbon (1737-1794), Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire