As the entire country (meaning the Mainstream Media and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz) awaits tonight’s re-election speech, here are a few rules for this year’s State of the Union Drinking Game:
—A drink is either a shot or a good gulp from a beer (or cider). Different events call for different numbers of drinks and all you do is watch the speech and play along. If all goes well, you’ll be unconscious by the time they show the other party’s response—
Every time Obama….
- refers to a tax increase as “asking” some to pay more – drink 2 shots.
- praises recent economic figures but announces that he is not “satisfied” – drink 1 shot.
- references streamlining or reducing unnecessary regulation – streamline the contents of your glass into your mouth.
Every time he says…
- debt – borrow a shot from a friend, promise you’ll really pay it back this time.
- deficit – finish your drink; borrow the drink of the person next to you and drink it too.