The mainstream media, or more accurately Barack Obama’s Propaganda Corps, has abandoned all pretense to journalistic integrity in order to ensure the re-election of their skinny Marxist hero. Murders? Intelligence failures? Riots? Wars? Hah! The only news fit to print these days is whatever can be spun to cast discredit on Gentleman Mitt Romney, such as Romney’s entirely accurate statement regarding the 47% of cast-iron dependents … uh, voters … thought to reside in Obama’s left pocket, a private remark serendipitously provided to the radical rag Mother Jones by none other than Jimmy Carter IV, grandson of the former worst president in the history of the Republic. If we didn’t know better, we might suspect that a vast, left-wing conspiracy is unfolding before our bleary eyes:
I don’t know how long Jimmy Carter’s grandkid has had that tape, but I will bet you they’ve been sitting on that tape. I’ll bet this tape was not intended to be released right now. I will bet you that this Romney tape might have been intended as an October Surprise, not September … the fact that they have released it now… see, I think it’s Obama who’s in trouble. Obama is the guy with the record. Obama is the guy whose policies are having a detrimental effect on practically everything he touches.
It’s Barack Obama who cannot extricate himself from the realities of where this country is and where it is headed. Romney hasn’t had a thing to do with anything that’s happened, and what is happening has been devastating to this country. And try as hard as they can, try as hard as they might, the left wing, the media, the Democrats cannot find Romney fingerprints on any of this. Every fingerprint is Barack Obama’s, Joe Biden’s, Nancy Pelosi’s, Harry Reid’s, Barney Frank’s, you name it, Eric Holder. Everything that is happening — and none of it good — is traced nowhere to Mitt Romney. (Rush Limbaugh)
In the mainstream media’s Axis of Error, never is heard a discouraging word regarding Nero Obama, who blithely fiddles while Western civilization burns, prattling on about “fair shares” and such, as if it was in any way fair for half of the country to be exempted from contributing theirs while the other half gets taken to the cleaners — “fair share”, of course, being progressive drivel for redistribution of income, that legalized form of socialist theft in which Barack Obama fervently believes. But, as aptly noted at The Other McCain, history has proven Obama to be “the left breast of the Venus de Milo: a stone cold boob.”
The trouble for the left and media (but I repeat myself) is that most Americans agree with Mitt Romney. Most Americans consider themselves part of the 53% and it is not a winning proposition for Barack Obama to convince Americans they are less than they think they are when most Americans already recognize he has made them less than they were. (Treat the Press as Enemy Collaborators)
In 1941, Frank Luther Mott listed five characteristics to describe what was called the “yellow press”, a “type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news” (Wikipedia):
- scare headlines in huge print, often of minor news
- lavish use of pictures, or imaginary drawings
- use of faked interviews, misleading headlines, pseudoscience, and a parade of false learning from so-called experts
- emphasis on full-color Sunday supplements, usually with comic strips
- dramatic sympathy with the “underdog” against the system.
Not much has changed in 71 years, except for the color. Now it’s pink.
- MITT HAMMERS OBAMA OVER SHOCKING TAPE! “He Wants Redistribution – I Disagree!” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- New Gallup Poll On Role Of Gov’t Shows Majority Back Romney’s View (virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com)
- The Real Secret: President Obama Has Failed (realclearpolitics.com)
- CNBC Poll: 75% Agree With Romney’s 47% Comments (Townhall)
- Newspaper Ad Revenues Collapse to 1950 Levels (Big Journalism)
- Emails Reveal Department of Justice, Media Matters Collaborated to Spin Stories (Godfather Politics)