“The Republican leaders, such as they are, are under considerable pressure from big-business interests — not the small-business interests that are the natural Republican constituency — to open the gates for another wave of cheap and easily abused labor.” — Wes Pruden
“Nobody, even those who want to get this done, trusts the president. And I understand it, because I don’t either.” — Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart
It’s a new year, and with it comes the inevitable blooming of the gelatinous zooplankton otherwise known as the Republican leadership (“Bloom” is usually used for a large group of jellyfish that gather in a small area, but may also have a time component, referring to seasonal increases, or numbers beyond what was expected — Wikipedia).
Despite repeated rejection by a majority of actual American citizens to any immigration “reform” that includes granting “probationary” (i.e. legal) status to current illegals (i.e. criminals), the prostitutes in situ at the so-called House of Representatives have decided instead that it’s in their best interests to appease Hispanics, Democrats, and the Chamber of Commerce. Call it what they will in Jelly Land, amnesty is still amnesty.
For at least a century, there’s never been a period when a majority of immigrants weren’t Democrats … It’s not their position on amnesty that immigrants don’t like; it’s Republicans’ support for small government, gun rights, patriotism, the Constitution and capitalism … It would be one thing if the people with these views already lived here. Republicans would have no right to say, “You can’t vote.” But why on Earth are they bringing in people sworn to their political destruction… (GOP Crafts Plan To Wreck The Country, Lose Voters)
Immigration reform: Big Business is for it, the Democrats are for it, Obama’s for it, and Mexico’s for it. What could go wrong?
- Bracing for Amnesty (canadafreepress.com)
- GOP Immigration Provides More Than One Principle. Why? How Soon Do Illegals “Get Right With The Law?” Which Laws Enforced? (Maggie’s Notebook)
- Taking Shape Now: Another Piece-by-Piece Betrayal of America by the Republican Leadership (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- The Republican suicide strategy on immigration (Washington Times)
- Exclusive – Ted Cruz: House GOP’s Amnesty Push Will Ruin Hopes of Retaking Senate (Breitbart)
- Immigration officials warn of amnesty ‘overload’ (Washington Times)
- More Phony Amnesty Polling — Now with NYT Endorsement! (National Review)
- McCain Praises Boehner’s Amnesty Proposal (patdollard.com)
- RNC Chairman Channels the Spirit of Ted Kennedy (americanthinker.com)
- Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory … Again? So Near And Yet So Far (saveamericafoundation.com)
- I’m IN! (Grumpy Opinions)