“What the president will be doing this weekend in Florida is essentially what the president would be doing back at the White House. It’s just that the weather will be a little warmer.” — Josh Earnest, Deputy Press Secretary
“I believe he can be as ineffective in Key Largo as he was in the White House.” — Newt Gingrich
Interesting, isn’t it, that although the situation between Russia and the Ukraine is grave enough to warrant the declaration of a “national emergency” …
“I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, find that the actions and policies of persons — including persons who have asserted governmental authority in the Crimean region without the authorization of the Government of Ukraine … constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.”
… no crisis or threat is ever serious enough to warrant interference with an Obama vacation plan — now that would be a true emergency.
While Russia beefed up its forces in Ukraine and the U.S. unemployment rate ticked up slightly, President Obama was criticized for spending the weekend on vacation with his family at an ultra-exclusive private community in the Florida Keys.
Mr. Obama played two rounds of golf and luxuriated at the posh Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, a solidly Republican enclave where members must have a minimum net worth of $35 million to join. The president, first lady Michelle Obama and their entourage traveled to and from the island in a squadron of five government helicopters, reportedly requiring a contingent of more than 50 Secret Service agents, before returning to Washington late Sunday. (As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands)
It’s bad enough that the U.S. taxpayer is forced to subsidize the lifestyle of every layabout in the country — now we’re shelling out for the monthly luxury jaunts of the ones in the White House. Well, all that cash formerly allocated for the national defense has to go somewhere …
- Obama Signs Order Declaring Ukraine Crisis an ‘Extraordinary Threat’ to National Security (consciouslifenews.com)
- Another Well-Deserved Obama ‘Work Your Butt Off’ Vacation (American Thinker)
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer (hotair.com)
- Beaming President and Michelle are all smiles after returning from their weekend getaway at $2,500-a-night Florida resort (dailymail.co.uk)
- As Russian Rocket Troops Position Near Ukrainian Border – Obama Vacays in Key Largo (thegatewaypundit.com)
- While Crimea Burns, Obama Golfs (gopthedailydose.com)