- A government that tries to satisfy all its citizens will satisfy none.
- All men are created equal. That doesn’t mean they stay that way.
- Good citizens are made, not born.
- In any group of humans, you will find a certain number sworn to disruption mainly because they like to hear things break.
- In politics, watch what a man does, not what he says. Even the Devil can quote scripture.
- You can’t bargain with a liar.
- No man ever made an apple.
- A full belly but an empty mind.
- No one covets their neighbor’s problems.
- In a bureaucracy, good ideas generally die of loneliness.
- A free society should never attempt to assimilate totalitarians.
- You can’t ensure fairness by legislating unfairness.