Born at an early age. Spent my first days in an incubator. Came into the world cryin’, but I’m gonna leave it laughin’.
- The President was Harry “To Err Is” Truman.
- The Boston Braves made it to the World Series.
- Survived two bouts with pneumonia.
Grew up in the Fifties.
- I liked Ike; I loved Lucy, American Bandstand, Dick Tracy, Pogo, and Li’l Abner, Sunday doubleheaders.
- Had a pet raccoon, a good dog, and a bicycle with a basket on the front.
Went to high school in the Sixties. When LBJ was elected, my old granny shook her head sadly, and told me, “The people want socialism.” I never did agree with her.
Joined the Army. Fun, Travel, Adventure. Learned that FTA really meant something else entirely.
- Basic Training: Northern boys go south, Southern boys go north.
- Crossed the Atlantic on the last troop ship to Germany. Icy nights in the Fulda Gap.
- Volunteered for Vietnam. At least it was warm.
- Celebrated Tết in ’68 & lived to tell about it.
- Came home & joined the VFW (had the only bar that was open on Sundays)
Went to the University of Miami as a long-haired right-winger.
- Painted “War” on the side of my VW van.
- Learned to play a bit of 5-string banjo.
- Camped on No-Name Key, where Cubans trained for the Bay of Pigs. Mosquitoes were worse than Vietnam.
- Learned that most of the radicals were the ones teaching the classes.
- Parachuted from a perfectly good airplane in 1993 just for the hell of it.
Retired at the first available opportunity, 2003. Don’t look back.
- Wrote a book.
- Started this blog.
- I favor maduro cigars, American whiskey, English ale, and German beer; Cajun food, fiddle music, and screamin’ guitars.
- There’s way too many things I dislike to list here–Read the blog posts!
“I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him father.” —Will Rogers
NOTE: COMMENTS SECTION IS NOW CLOSED ON THIS PAGE. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS UNDER PERTINENT POSTINGS. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!